▢ Fill Out/Update ANNUAL STUDENT REVIEW FORM
These forms were included in the mailing from Chatsworth School. Forms must be returned to school by September 6th. If you have questions regarding these forms, please contact Chatsworth School.
▢ Buy school supplies
▢ Fill out Carpool Registration Form and/or Bus Transportation Form
These forms were included in the mailing from school. Please return or mail these forms to the school no later than Friday, September 6th.
▢ Lunch accounts
For information about School Lunches including funding your child's lunch account online, please visit the BCPS Food and Nutrition Services Website.
▢ Chatsworth School PTA—Get involved!
• Login/Register. (Registering on this site is free.) If you had an account last year, it will take less than a minute to confirm your family information. If you are new, it should take about 5 minutes.
After updating your account or registering for the first time, you will have access to the Online School Directory! This is a free service from the PTA and can only be accessed by registering on our site
• Join PTA —After you register, you will have the option to join PTA. PTA is a framework that helps us grow the kind of community influence we need to support every child in our sphere of care —and help our students reach their potential. We invite you to join us this year—and hope you will!
• My Volunteer Interests & Skills— Volunteering at Chatsworth School is largely coordinated through the PTA. And we would LOVE to serve with you! Tell us how you would enjoy being involved and we will try to get you plugged in. When we each do a little—using the talents and abilities we have— it's amazing what we can accomplish together. A volunteer interest form will be available during the first week of school on our website.
▢ Required BCPS Volunteer Application and Training
To volunteer in the school directly or through the PTA, all volunteers must complete an application and training for the school year. Even if you volunteered last year, you must complete this application and training for the current school year.
Visit https://www.bcps.org/community/volunteer_info/ to fill out the application and complete the online training course or learn about in-person training.
Once you have completed the application and training, please print your application and certificate and return it to the school.
▢ Attend the Teacher Meet & Greet and School Supply Drop-Off
Grades 1-5 on Friday, August 30th from 2:15-3:30pm
▢ Attend the PTA's Back to School Picnic
Tuesday, September 3rd from 5:30pm to 7:00pm at the Chatsworth School Playground
▢ Attend Back to School Night for Parents of 1st-5th Grade Students
Tuesday, September 10th from 6:00pm-7:30pm
School Arrival — 9:00 am - 9:15 am
Doors open for students at 9am. Students arriving after 9:15am are considered tardy and will need to enter the building accompanied by a parent to sign in at the front office.
School Dismissal — 3:45 pm - 4:00 pm
Carpool ends at 4:00pm. DO NOT BE LATE for pick up. The school day and carpool end at 4:00pm!!
So Much is Going On This Month!!
Cherrydale Fall Fundraiser: Fundraising orders were due on Monday, November 18th. All orders will be submitted to Cherrydale by Thursday, November 21st to allow for late orders and to ensure delivery before the Winter Break. The PTA will notify parents of the delivery date as soon as we have it.
American Education Week November 18th through 22nd: The PTA needs Food and Coffee Donations throughout this week-long event. Please view the signup to see how you can contribute. We are still in need of donations, so please check to see if you can contribute before Thursday.
Shop With Scrip is Here Again! Purchase all of your gift cards for the holiday season through this amazing program while supporting our PTA! Visit our Forms Page to View and Download the forms or do it all online!
1. Enroll on MyScripWallet.com or ShopWithScrip.com with our organization’s enrollment code:FC6DCF7F47181
2. Seamlessly check out and receive eGift cards and reloads faster by securely paying online with a linked bank account or credit card.
Upcoming Events and Volunteer Opportunities:
Breakfast Buddies will be held December 6th: View the volunteer signup here. More details about this event will be sent home towards the end of November.
Winter Carnival will be held on Friday, December 13th. This is an all-new family event for all of Chatsworth to attend. More details will be sent out in the coming weeks, but please view the volunteer availability form to see how you can help.